Saturday 31 January 2015

Barcelona, Spain


A couple of years back I took a trip to the city of Barcelona in Spain.

It was in the autumn so a bit chillier than normal. I loved the markets and Plaza Castellana with all its shops filled with treasures. It's squares are named after different places in Spain. You get given a map as its quite a big place! I bought a painting of Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia from one of the shops there and you can also do some wine tasting as well! We did a lot of tour buses whilst in Barcelona and it's a great way of ticking things off including the Palau Nacional.

One of my favourite places was Park Güell, just sitting on those benches in the warm sun! We saw that after visiting his famous building La Sagrada Familia. I did a lot of research for an art project on Gaudi and made my own mosaic, so it was great to be able to finally see his work in person!

If you get a chance to visit Barcelona, I suggest going to La Rambla! It is a buzzing street with lots of entertainment and markets - even in October - November time, although watch your bags! One thing I'd like to point out, when walking up to Park Güell is that it is on a very steep hill but, it's worth it! 

Here are a few snaps of my trip. Enjoy!























Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Stephanie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig